Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Power and the Presidency

I get the point about the cost of the Presidential Helicopter. I don't care. I want my President to be presidential!

Ronald Reagan understood the image of power: He was always shown waving and walking to or from the helicopter. Jimmy Carter didn't: He carried his own bags.

Obama carried his own bags during his campaign. I think it hurt him a little. I don't want him to make the same mistake as President. It's a tough job and I want to know he's pampered with helicopters, trips to Camp David, and frequent short get-aways once he's settled in.

They said Jimmy Carter was our smartest president. I think Obama may be the new standard. He's going to make mistakes (that AIG comment during the campaign was a big one). I just hope he follows his mistake with a very presidential helicopter ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment